vendredi, septembre 22, 2006

Je suis presque mourrue aujourd'hui

I almost died today.
Really.

I logged into my Stanford ePay account to pay my health coverage fees only to discover that I had a bill of... $US10,500 waiting for me there, due Oct 15!
OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!

My heart sank. I started to hyperventilate. Then I was certain I was having a heart attack.

My sister called, luckily, and I was able to share the bad news with her.
She was cool-headed as usual, and told me I should discuss the matter with my supervisor, that it certainly wasn't the first time something like that happened, and that most probably something could be arranged.

I painfully made it to our meeting spot, and R drove K and I to his office.

We discussed the matter, and almost everything is fine. I owe "only" $US3,500. A huge difference, by the way.
And my stipend (read fellowship) arrives on the 20th. So I should be able to eat all through the fall quarter.
Pfew. It was a close call, toutefois.
;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Wow!!! That must have been a bit of a shock... Im glad that its much less then what was posted and that you can eat for the fall... Elise wouldnt be Elise with out salad. Shah.

9/24/2006 2:56 p.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Home