jeudi, février 23, 2006

the Indian Coconut Development Board

A little something I find funny: India has a Coconut Development Board. Hum.

I have been working on my paper. It is going smoothly. I found the UNESCO website to be helpful, with statistics on every country in the world, here. Also, the Indira Gandhi National Open University website offers a very interesting hint about culture, the more if you compare it to the British Open University website. Different target populations, different communication and advertising cultures... it is fascinating.

Finally, a random statistics that I won't use in my paper, but that I certainly think is interesting: in some countries, the financial resources necessary to put a single student in a traditional university setting are the equivalent of putting 60 children in elementary school. Thus the appeal of distance education. The paperless education ideal... Interesting...