lundi, février 13, 2006

wikiville



Just a quick note on a project that I find really cool: the WikiVille project. What the project aims to do is to provide a portal where school-aged children around the world can come and share their perception of their city, region, country, and discuss what life is about over there.

My sister is a pre-service teacher, and I think this could be something interesting for her to do in her classroom. Wikis are easy to manage, co-edited, and a good first attempt at contributing to the global commons of the WWW. Best, edited essays by students can be put online, as a good introduction to "life in Wikiville."

We had a wiki project in HIS 389 in first year (spring 2003, with Matt Price), and I loved it (Jeremy told me Friday that he did too). I'll certainly send the link to my computer-enthusiastic friends. ;)