mardi, mars 14, 2006

paper on the way

Even if it has become harder to work on my school stuff since I heard from Stanford, I am really enjoying my paper on India and distance education. I feel like I am getting somewhere, even with a literature review, and like this is really crucial stuff for me to look at for my PhD.

Looking at how 'locals' see the importance of education for economic development complements the work I have done before studying what the outsiders generally think. The discourse is similar, although the urgency seems to be really FELT by the locals, who actually care about the national development of their mother land.

I have 8 pages written, almost all my notes taken, and only a few more readings to do - 2 or 3 I guess. I will bring my first two sections to Prof. C. Friday to get some feedback on my grammar.

Good stuff!