samedi, mai 20, 2006

so many things about Munich

Okay, I have to start somewhere. Pictures will follow.

I have been having a great time in Munich, even if it is a little bit expansive to live here. Well.

On my first night, I tried to walk around the neiborhood to try to find a nice cafe where to sit for a beer. But as it happens, the neighborhood where my hostel is is quite shady: it is the strip joint scene, and I was THE ONLY WOMAN WALKING THERE: There were no women on the streets, no women at the table of the pubs and restaurants and cafes... So I decided it was safer to go back home.

Then, on my first day, I walked around and met a Nigerian guy working in Germany, who offered me to go out after his shift. I waited for 40 minutes outside his workplace, to no avail. He ditched me.

In the afternoon I went to the Viktuailmarkt (see previous post), and was offered an apple by one of the shop holders. Fun. I then went to the Teddy Bear museum. Pictures to come (Nyla, you'll be happy). That was awesome, although again, there was very little text that had been translated into English.









So I went back to the hostel, where I met, believe it or not, the identical twin of Dave (my ex Dave). He happened to be from Halifax TOO, had exactly the same shape, same hair, same eyes, made the same jokes, and had THE SAME LAST NAME. It was so totally weird, really. He invited me to join in for a pub crawl, which I did. Only thing, and Agnes will be happy: his jeans were not a little too tight. Mouahahahah!

I was a lot of fun. I met a bunch of people, from the States, mostly, then Canada, Australia, blabla.


Ok, this is Matt and I, at the pub crawl:



This is Craig:



Doug, aka Jack Black, being evil:



Jack's signature face:



We ended the night in a warehouse turned dance club, and I went back to the hostel at around 3am.

Yesterday, I tried to make something happen at the Goetheplatz and at the Beethovenplatz, but really, both were profoundly disappointing. I stopped at a small cafe to write, had my sandwich, and headed for the English garden.

On my way there, I met a guy coming out of his car with a wetsuit on and a surfboard under his arm. He was barefooted on the pavement. I started laughing, and asked him where he was coming from. He told me the right question to ask was where he was off to, and told me he was going to surf on the river besides the bridge, and offered me to follow.

So I went to see some very good looking dudes (and a very hot woman, mind you) surf in DOWNTOWN MUNICH.






Then I walked around for a while, and settled with the Shadow Knight and Sir Sanctis in the park with my Kundera. More about that soon.






Back at the hostel, I ran into some of the people from the pub crawl, and hung out with them at the hostel bar for a while. Then we headed off for a beer garden, where I bought some mackerel off a stick. That was AWESOME. My first real culinary experience in a while.
The picture I took was taken late, I am afraid, when there wasn't much left of the fish.

I went back home early, after agreeing with Craig to go to the Science museum the next day.

Here I am, now. I will stay one more night in Munich, and then meet Yasu in Cologne. I'll stay at his place for two nights, and then I am off to Amsterdam to meet with Rob. That is all very good news.

I have been invited by a guy here at a Paul Van Dyk concert tonight... 15€, sounds like a deal... I yet have to decide whether I am going or not. That would probably be a very long night. It'll depend on how I feel in mid-afternoon.

Chuz!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Tss, never trust a nigerian stranger working in germany!

haha :p

5/20/2006 9:34 p.m.  
Blogger Elise Paradis said...

twit.

tssssssssshhhhhhhhh!

soeurette

5/21/2006 2:06 a.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Home